VPatch 3.2 (January 2008)
- New tool: ListPat, which can be used to inspect the contents of a .PAT file.
- New runtime: VPatchPrompt, which prompts when command-line arguments are not specified. This runtime also auto-detects when it does not have a patch file attached to it, in which case it will try to get it from the command-line (or from prompting).
- Synced portability code changes with NSIS repository.
- Windows version of GenPat now also accepts all options with - besides /.
- New option for GenPat: /Q to be less verbose during output.
- Upgraded to Borland Developer Studio 2006, so all tools can be built from a single project.
VPatch 3.1 (september 2005)
- GenPat now compiles on POSIX platforms (MinGW/GCC), Visual C++ 6 and Borland C++.
- More test cases to verify functionality of GenPat.
VPatch 3.0 (september 2005)
- Completely rewritten patch generator in C++ with better performance and no longer needs big amounts of memory.
- Use MD5 checksums instead of CRC32
- Restore file dates when patching
- Updated all runtimes to use a single codebase
- Test cases (for basic functionality tests)
- and more... read the readme inside for all changes.
VPatch v2.1 (december 2003)
- Included in NSIS 2.0RC1
- GenPat command-line patch generator now returns an error level
- GenPat is much more stable, does a lot of error-checking now
VPatch v2.0 beta 1 (21-10-2002, uploaded here: 19-01-2003)
- All new algorithm used in the patch generator: much faster (up to 90%) while using smaller block sizes (higher compression)
- Created a NSIS plugin for use with NSIS 2.0
- Updated GUI: just one option left with new algorithm instead of 4
- Fixed a bug when hitting Save again after having cancelled save before in
VPatch v1.21 (03-11-2001)
- Progress indicator added (not in Big File mode)
- Fixed a bug in the caching system (with loading from/saving to disk)
- Added header to VPJ files, v1.2 files are still readable in this version (but not in any future versions)
VPatch v1.2 (03-11-2001)
- Now with Graphical interface (GUI)!
- This release does not contain the Command line tools anymore. Download v1.11 for that.
- This release does not contain any source.
- The GUI options are configurable through VPatchDLL.ini. That's also where you can add your own VPatch-compatible DLL's
- The C++ runtime is now only 3 KB instead of 4 KB! (That's 1370 bytes compressed with NSIS!)
VPatch v1.11 (17-05-2001)
- Command line options added (such as /WAIT, /DEBUG, and all the ini settings
can now be changed on the command line)
- Optimizations to the patch generator (a bit faster)
- Added example of usage in NSIS in file Test.nsi
- Changed the default settings another time
- Increased maximum number of blocks to 10,000 from 1,000.
VPatch v1.1 (07-05-2001)
- Edgewize's runtime is now included by default because of it's low overhead (only 4 Kb!)
- Greatly optimized the Patch Generator. It now loads the entire files into
memory, which makes it 5 times faster. If you don't want to do this (because
of extremely large files), you can still change the MemoryMode setting in
the ini file to revert back to the 1.0 engine.
VPatch v1.0 (22-04-2001)
- First release (this release does not yet include the C version, look for it in the NSIS forum)